Monday, July 7, 2008

Tennis at its best - Wimbledon 2008!

I was never a tennis fanatic until I started watching Wimbledon last year.
It was also the time when I started supporting my all time favourite tennis player.

Novak Djokovic!

But yesterday, the Wimbledon men singles final 2008 was one of the best match ever in tennis!

Like crazy ok. It was as nerve-wrecking as watching Liverpool play in CL or Spain playing in finals for Euro 2008!

It was no surprise when the top 2 players in the world was battling it out for the trophy!



Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.
The King of Grass and King of Clay respectively.
One from Switzerland and the other from Spain. (spain is gonna be where i get my future husband from! ahaha..)

ANYWAY,

it started out well for Rafael Nadal when he took the first set. 6-4.
Federer was not even convincing. He was outplayed.
Nadal had all the power shots.



Look wei. Look at how much power he puts in a shot.



Haha. Somehow I find this shot super funny. Look at his eyes!



I tell you. The only thing that Nadal lacks is the number of aces compared to Federer.
I think Federer has about 16-20 aces, just like that.
Which means its about 4-5 games?
Federer is just so good in serving!!!!!!!



Nevertheless, Federer is the number one and he is not called the world number one for no reason.



He was 2 sets down. He was under tremendous pressure in the 3rd set.
Usually, when ur are 2 sets down, its CONFIRM that you're losing.
There's no way you can come back (very unlikely), except for the Murray and Gasquet's match.
He managed to get 2 sets thru tie-break!!
Nadal was this close to the championship point in the 4th set!



They battled it out till the 5th set wei!! and the score was 9-7 or something!!!
OMG!
Its crazy ok!
Federer was so close in retaining his title, and Nadal was even closer in getting his first Wimbledon title.

No prizes in guessing who won the title. *points at the pic above*
I'm so happy for Nadal because he truly deserves it.
Score. 6-4,6-4,6-7,6-7,9-7



He even ran up to thanked Prince Felippe of Spain.
That prince was also in the Euro 2008 semi finals!
What a good prince! So nice go support.
I also wanna marry the next-in-line prince. I hope he's like 20 something! HAHAHAAAAA!
Spain is just such a special country. Haha.
But Nadal not that good looking compared to Torres, dont you think? *so outta topic* lol.

Anyway,



It was huge disappointment for Federer and heaven for Nadal.
I was kinda sad for Federer bcuz he could get 6 consecutive wins in Wimbledon which beats the record of Bjorn Borg.
I wanted him to win it this year and let Nadal wins the next few years!
Oh well.



Congratulations Nadal, you deserve this!
Like what Ronnie said, its SPAIN's year and they are awesome wei!
First the Euro 2008 and now the Wimbledon 2008.
Mind you, its not always they get victories like these. I hope this is the beginning of many other victories to come.

Maybe this is the beginning for me too. Hahaha. Like this might be the year for me to know a handsome rich young spaniard! =D

With this win, is Federer still called the King of Grass?
You decide. =)

No comments: