Sunday, September 14, 2008

Right At Your FACE!

Score : Liverpool 2-1 Man U!


*Woot*

WE FINALLY GOT OUR FIRST WIN OVER 4 YEARS IN THE LEAGUE!
This is such an important win for Liverpool! Omg!!
(I know most of you are wondering why I'm not blogging about this, how can? Such a big win you know! lol)

Honestly, being a Liverpool fan myself, I thought it was a one-sided match as Gerrard and Torres were not playing! I would be happy if it was a draw.

You know what's worse? It was also Berbatov's debut match in ManU. All eyes were on him, waiting for him to score a goal in Anfield. I already lost hope already la.
Got Berbatov, Carrick.. but dun have Gerrard and Torres! =/

I could still remember, during youth service, most of the ManU fans were making fun at our situation, telling us how confident they were, how they are DEFINITELY gonna win the match! One even told us.. 3-1 Man U! I dun wanna mention names, cuz you were really nice to me when ManU won against Liverpool the last time. But hey, to the rest of you..

Haha. RIGHT AT YOUR FACE!

Ok la, cannot be too cocky bcuz at the 3rd minute of the game, I wanted to cry big time already.
Berbatov crossed the ball for Tevez to score a stunning goal.
At that time, I was just shocked and I buried myself with a pillow.
Julia was practically screaming in denial, while the rest of ManU fans were celebrating!
Oh, we were at Ben's place celebrating lantern festival btw! lol.

That was not funny ok! I was practically shouting in anger for the rest of the 13 minutes scolding them! Haha.
And every minute Cheah and Kane walked in the hall, they would ask.. so, 2-0 already ? 3-0?
Nonsense la they all.

Then, came the time when out of nowhere, Van Der Sar and Brown made a huge mistake doing-dunno-what and we got an own goal from Wes Brown!!!


Liverpool 1-1 Man U!

This is how he looked after he scored the goal for us. Maybe deep down he feels honoured to score such an important goal for Anfield. =P
Who cares if it wasnt a Liverpool player who scored the goal? A goal is STILL a goal!
and that was what mattered! =)

At half time, it was still 1-1. Nothing much happened besides me whacking Kane, Ian and Alvin so hard each time Liverpool almost concede or scores. =p
I confirm no need to get bf if pple see me screaming like this! Lol.

This is our Liverpool manager, Rafael Benitez btw. Just to let you know la, in case you dunno who he is! =)

2nd half was way better than the 1st for us. They started to attack consistently, going forward with every opportunity. ManU barely got past the midfield.

Bcuz I was so engrossed with Liverpool attempting to score, I didn look at how bad the ManU's defense was. (ManU fans say so!)
Even Joel said that we had a strong midfield.

I think its bcuz Gerrard came in sometime at the 2nd half that got Liverpool's confidence!

Our beloved skipper, Steven Gerrard.

At the 77th minute, after numerous efforts of Liverpool players trying to score a goal, Ryan Babel scored a goal!


GOALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

At this point, its Liverpool 2-1 ManU!

Mascherano was the one who dribble past the defenders before passing the ball to Babel for the goal! Apparently it was ManU player's fault at defending bcuz they should have kicked the ball out and concede a corner instead of shielding the ball.

Oh well, what can I say? =)



At the end of 90 minutes, we got the full 3 points to stay alive in the title race! Well done, Liverpool! We deserve this win and we needed this so badly.
Losing to ManU 7 out of 8 times was really demoralising and now, we're back!
It gave us the confidence we really needed and we are gonna fight hard and do whatever it takes to get the trophy!

Liverpool, you'll never walk alone!

p.s. Vidic got a red card, so they'll meet Chelsea without him. Terry also got red card, so no terry and no vidic.

p.p.s I'm so happy!! Yea, its just the beginning of the season, wait till Chelsea beat u next week, then u know! =D

No comments: