Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lesson in humility

Another season of exhilirating football in the English Premier League is drawing to a close tomorrow. Congratulations to Manchester United - Winner of the English Premier League 2008/09



*Ryan Giggs doing the honours for United


What I simply don't understand is this article from The Sun:


http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2432330.ece


What is wrong with this man? Is he suffering from a concussion? Was he abused when he was a little kid? I quote him from the article:


“It’s the team that has more points, that’s all. Sometimes they can be the best at the beginning, in the middle or maybe with consistency, but it just means they have more points."


I'm an ardent fan of the Premier League. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Points and Consistency what wins you the Premier League title? The article further states - Benitez thinks the major deciding factor has been United’s greater wealth — plus a stroke of luck here and there. A stroke of luck? Let me refresh your memory a little Mr. Benitez.


1992–93 Manchester United
1993–94 Manchester United
1994–95 Blackburn Rovers
1995–96 Manchester United
1996–97 Manchester United
1997–98 Arsenal
1998–99 Manchester United
1999–2000 Manchester United
2000–01 Manchester United
2001–02 Arsenal
2002–03 Manchester United
2003–04 Arsenal
2004–05 Chelsea
2005–06 Chelsea
2006–07 Manchester United
2007–08 Manchester United
2008–09 Manchester United


Thats eleven times to you Mr. Benitez in case you don't know how to count!


United must be the luckiest club in the world with strokes of luck to win 11 times! The Premier League is one of the toughest league in the world. Consistency is KEY to the title. Message to Mr. Benitez: Be gracious in defeat.

1 comment:

Clare said...

Hahaha...

As much as I wanna defend Benitez, I just cant. He's freaking embarassing Liverpool, i cant take it either! Lol.

I mean, ManU has won the EPL and I really think that Benitez should stop talking.
Sigh. Let ManU has their moments of glory..

I actually wrote a draft on Monday asking benitez to shut up, cuz I cant stand it either.
As much as I hate ManU, they won it.
and they deserved to be called the champs, bcuz they earned more points than us.

Hahahahaha... I wish I knew what Benitez was talking about, really.
My apology to the ManU fans.. Hahaha..
(sounds like im some big shot)

Nice write up btw!